Back at ‘G’ I chose the word gratitude. It is worth repeating the sentiment again here as thankfulness or thanksgiving. Maintaining an attitude of thankfulness, looking for ways to say thank you, to let those in our lives know that we appreciate them, can lift us up like little else. Here are some ideas to say thank you to some of those in your life.
- When you wake up, thank God that you did and for the day ahead.
- Put a thank you note in your husband’s or child’s computer case, or notebook or lunch letting them know something you appreciate about them.
- Look for someone who you meet at the grocery store, in the bank, at the gym, who needs a lift and find something that they do that you can thank them for.
- Notice that special someone who always goes the extra mile, and thank them as you let them know you notice and appreciate them.
- Send a note to someone who has influenced you to thank them for the particular impact they have had.
- Look for a service member or policeman, and thank them for their service and sacrifice.
- Recognize those who are smiling throughout your day by thanking them for their smile.
- Text a friend or a child or a sibling to thank them for something they have said or done that you appreciate.
- Thank a blogger for something particular they have written that has blessed you.
- At the end of the day, thank your family members for the little things you don’t usually notice.
- Thank God for another day of life, and if you did all this thanking, no doubt it was a day you appreciate a bit more than usual.
Life throws some tough turns our way. Even in the midst of tremendous tribulation, thankfully counting blessings can provide strength and salve so deeply needed. Thankfulness is a treasure we can all possess, and it is a multiplying treasure as we spread it around.
In Everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
|A to Z Challenge|