Friday, June 29, 2012

The Master's Lead




I don’t know how to dance.  I can’t dance with you.  I stop and pray.  I will dance with my Lord.  I submit to His lead.  It is jerky at first, but His gentle pressure guides me.  I submit to His lead.  I am awkward and I don’t do well.  Oh, I step on His toe.  Will I learn to dance?
My Lord, my Father, my Master, He is patient.  He guides me, then twirls me.  I am learning to relax under His leadership.  I submit to His lead.  I smile and glide.  He is a master, the Master. 
He knows how to dance and He teaches me.  I submit to His lead.  I am learning to dance.  It is becoming more natural and comfortable as I rest in His lead.  
I can dance with you; I have been taught.  I go to the Master for lessons.  He is gentle; He is passionate; He knows what He is doing.  He is making a dancer of me as I submit to His lead.  I delight in His lead.  I delight in the dance.



5 comments:

  1. "He is making a dancer of me as I submit to His lead". Absolutely love that line! The irony of the freedom we find when we submit to Him, right! Keep dancing. I happen to think that your dance is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and encouragement. Be blessed as you have been a blessing!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post!
    I'm proud of you for figuring out the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria,
    I loved your FMF. Thanks for the follow on my blog....I'd already written my blog post this morning, so I didn't participate today. However, as a liturgical dancer, your words resonated with me in a special way, as I find the ministry of dance such a powerful way to worship. I could dance to these words.
    Thank you for the blessing.
    Peace and good.

    ReplyDelete

I delight in hearing your thoughts!