Friday, June 1, 2012

Discovery


 Each morning I oil pull as a part of my daily oral hygiene an health regimen.  I take a tablespoon of food oil, usually coconut, swish it around in my mouth for 20 minutes, and then spit it out.  I do this before I brush my teeth.  Coconut oil is hard below 76 degrees, and so usually needs to be softened.  Recently I took to softening by placing in a cup and that into a pot or bowl of hot water.  As I was going through this process one morning, I placed the scooping spoon into the hot water.  Immediately the oil left on the spoon was released into the water as it too became soft.
Being the frugal person I am, I took hold of that oil with two fingers and smoothed it onto my hands.  I found that it absorbed more easily than using the oil directly and hydrated my hands at the same time.  They were less greasy as well.  My husband commented how that must have been such a delight for me, oil, no waste, and soft hands all in one, and of my own discovery.  Oh yes, quite the delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in hearing your thoughts!