Friday, April 10, 2015

Identity

A to Z Challenge


Identity – How I define myself, who I am, where I find my value and meaning.

Where do I find my identity? Is it in my job, in my roles as wife or mother, child, sister, friend? As a Christian, my identity is  something that is not limited by the constraints of this world or by my success in a role. I know that I have value as a sacred creation of God, and as a child of God, that I am loved and precious to Him. Pretty awesome for all those who accept God's invitation to be in His family through faith in Jesus Christ.
  
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

Yet to all who received [Jesus], to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God. 
John 1:12

For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:27-28

Here are some websites to explore what it means to find one's identity in Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in hearing your thoughts!