Monday, April 6, 2015

Doubt


A to Z Challenge

Doubt is not the opposite of faith; it is one element of faith. Paul Tillich


We all have doubts. What we do with them is the question. I prefer to examine and weigh the evidence, using critical thinking to come to the best conclusion. Still doubts may resurface simply because we are constantly bombarded with a cacophony of conflicting, confusing communication which stirs up uncertainty. So I go back to the examining and weighing of evidence, using critical thinking which generally strengthens my faith, because doubt is one element of faith. 

Here are a few web posts dealing with the issue of doubt.





Maria

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you signed up again this year. How fun! I can tell what you are thinking about based on your choices for each letter. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I guess I just don't have enough to do! Hahahaha. Thanks for the visit, Heidi.

      Delete
  2. Fortunately I don;t deal with much doubt. My problem is I'm sometimes overzealous and think just about anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Stephen. I'll be looking you up to check out your overzealousness.

      Delete
  3. Hello Maria! I think we 'met' during a previous a-z challenge. I'm still checking in! I love to see other believers in the blogosphere! Looks like you need to catch up on the challenge. No E or F? This is a crazy project, right? Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you come by again this year, Mare. I've been on blogging sabbatical, but I am back at least temporarily. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete

I delight in hearing your thoughts!