Friday, October 5, 2012

I Want to be that Person


Five Minute Friday Prompt:  Welcome

Grass and Blue Sky


I want to be someone who always meets and greets and makes others feel welcome.  I want to have a home where when you enter, you feel at home.   Welcome!  It Is a state of being.  It is the comfort you experience when you are with someone who allows you to be yourself, to let your hair down, to let go of pretenses.   That is who I want to be.

Warm and Snuggly

Welcome.  As I close my eyes,  I see the door opening and the blanket strewn across the couch calling to me – welcome.  As I cuddle up in that blanket, I see a hand reaching out to me with a cup of hot apple cider and a smile on the greeter’s face.  Welcome.   I feel welcome and I think, “I want to be that person.”

Hot Apple Cider

I want to meet and greet and be a warm blanket, not a wet blanket, an open door, not a slammed door, a hot cup of cider, not a lukewarm sour drink.  I want to offer a smile and a sense of comfort and wellbeing.  Welcome.


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and a great reminder.

    "... be a warm blanket, not a wet blanket, an open door, not a slammed door, a hot cup of cider, not a lukewarm sour drink."

    Wow.

    Thank you for sharing and writing from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've achieved - your house is always welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a cup of that hot apple cider today! Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put the hot cider out ...I'm coming over Maria!

    ReplyDelete

I delight in hearing your thoughts!