Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Simple Truth of Life



Why is it so hard to grasp the simple truths of life, so much so that we let them slip through our fingers like water.  These truths should be drunk in like living water, but instead we fill up on pop which gets us farther away from holding onto the essential.

Relationships are essential.  We were made for relationship, yet relationships DO take effort and time and some grasping.  We don’t often grasp this simple truth as we let other things, pop, take priority.  The ‘pop’ of life can be all sorts of glitz and glamor, fun and exciting and time consuming.  

How often do we ignore our little girl who just wants to talk in favor of the email that calls for our immediate response?  How often does the tv drama take precedence over an intimate conversation with our spouse?  How often does an entertainment of some sort or an important task crowd out our prayer time with God?



Lord, help me grasp the simple truth that my relationships are of greater value that most anything I may put before them. 

Five Minute Friday
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Maria,
    How I've missed Five Minute Fridays. Well done, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm delighted (ha) to have encountered your via Titus Tuesdays. I look forward to reading your writings and being blessed by you.
    Peace and good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those beautiful girls!

    It's so easy to go our separate ways in the evenings instead of working on our relationships. I hope I can work on this!

    ReplyDelete

I delight in hearing your thoughts!