Sunday, July 29, 2012

Focused Beyond What's Here


Beyond
We had the joy of attending a Bible study this week on 1Peter1.  In this chapter, Peter is encouraging Christians who are suffering to keep their focus on the big picture beyond what they are going through.  This can be a difficult task when one is in the midst of troubled circumstances that seem to be pressing in.  As a Christian though, keeping our eyes fixed upon our hope and our God can get us through the most trying of events.  
I have to remind myself that my response to trials is part of my mission as I am called to die to self and live to Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit in me.  When I am struggling, I yearn for the peace of God, so I spend more time with Him, and His Spirit stirs me to keep my focus beyond my present condition.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow, who is our hope and our provision, within and beyond, omni-present.
He is my delight!


Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. Praising Him with you today :) .
    Thank you for these words, they've blessed me!

    :)
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I delight in hearing your thoughts!