Friday, July 6, 2012

The Power of Story




1. Write for 5 minutes flat on the prompt of the day with no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:::

What a great story!”  
I am blessed to be married to a man who loves the story and understands its power.  As a professional communicator, he uses stories all the time in his work and aims to teach and train others how to more effectively get their message across using story.  Together, we share a wealth of story which binds us together providing glue and joy for today and tomorrow as well as lots of laughter.


God shares His love for us by way of a story, the Bible and keeps reaching out to us in His-story.  Jesus used the power of story by speaking in parables to get His message across to those who could not hear His message or see their state by simply telling it straight out.  When we listen to a person’s personal story, they feel loved.  When we are vulnerable and share our own personal stories, we gain trust.  And an appropriate story for a particular person or people can change a life.
So what’s your story?  What’s my story?  I am a homeschool mom of 5, married for 26 years, and that’s all I have time to tell.  Delight yourself in sharing and listening to stories.

1 comment:

  1. My story is similar, I am a mom to 4-boys one girl; who lives with Jesus. I've been married for almost 10-years, and though I don't homeschool I so-admire those who do!

    :) Thanks for the great Five-Minute Friday!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I delight in hearing your thoughts!