About Me

My photo

Delighting in my God, I desire to dwell in His pleasure and to help others experience true delight.

"Delight Yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
And He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your judgment as the noonday.  
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him;..." Ps 37:4-7a

Friday, May 25, 2012

Joining the Five Minute Friday Challenge - Wasted Energy




One of the first pieces of furniture that I purchased was a combination book case, tv stand, kitchen stand.  Shortly after I made the purchase, it was discounted even further.  I could have saved an additional 30 dollars.  I stewed over that 30 dollars for the longest time.  It bothered me.  I could have saved 30 dollars more, and I couldn’t seem to let it go.  Then one day I realized how much that 30 dollars was robbing me.  I was losing so much more than the 30 dollars emotionally and spiritually which ultimately meant physically as well.  I determined then that I was not going to let it take any more away from me.  
That piece of furniture still stands  in my house.  I use it for storage in our cellar closet.  It reminds me each time I look at it how we can waste time and energy on some pretty futile thoughts when we could be focusing on valuable delights.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see you joining in on 5 Minute Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I delight in hearing your thoughts!