Friday, May 25, 2012

Joining the Five Minute Friday Challenge - Wasted Energy




One of the first pieces of furniture that I purchased was a combination book case, tv stand, kitchen stand.  Shortly after I made the purchase, it was discounted even further.  I could have saved an additional 30 dollars.  I stewed over that 30 dollars for the longest time.  It bothered me.  I could have saved 30 dollars more, and I couldn’t seem to let it go.  Then one day I realized how much that 30 dollars was robbing me.  I was losing so much more than the 30 dollars emotionally and spiritually which ultimately meant physically as well.  I determined then that I was not going to let it take any more away from me.  
That piece of furniture still stands  in my house.  I use it for storage in our cellar closet.  It reminds me each time I look at it how we can waste time and energy on some pretty futile thoughts when we could be focusing on valuable delights.

1 comment:

I delight in hearing your thoughts!