As I reflect on this year’s A to Z challenge, I find a smile come to my face, satisfied to have completed another and already planning for next April. Why smile? Well it feels good to accomplish something that is, well, a challenge. It is always fun to reacquaint with friends from the previous year’s challenge, meet new friends and cultures, and discover talented bloggers to follow. It’s also a real delight to find how I grow through the challenge. I appreciate alternative views a little more. I find myself more compassionate towards the hurting. I understand blogging, writing, and thinking a bit better.
1. Loved catching up with some blog friends I made in last year’s challenge.
2. Loved meeting new friends.
3. Loved visiting with people from diverse cultures and from around the world.
4. Loved being challenged to write.
5. Loved being challenged to think and grow.
6. Glad to be back blogging again after such a long hiatus.
7. Sad so many didn’t finish.
8. Glad I learned so much from some great bloggers like Silvia at Silvia Writes, who wrote on all things Romanian and Sharon at Shells, Tales, and Sails who taught us about all things fruit. Did you know there was an ice cream fruit?
9. Sad I wasn’t able to visit 5 new A to Zers every day.
10. Glad for those I did visit and revisit. I hope to continue to check out others on the list in the coming days and months.
Things I learned that were helpful.
1. It was valuable to check in with the challenge website as often as I could to see the daily post there. Often there were helpful tips to enhance the challenge experience. Also, those who are commenting on the challenge website are among those who are surely continuing and so they make good first visits.
2. It was nice not to have a particular theme, but I find that I enjoy visiting those who did, so I am thinking about that for next year.
3. I like being able to find out more about the bloggers themselves. So I appreciate reading the about me link and seeing their photo. I may have to do a better job of that myself.
4. I really liked when someone recommended another blogger, and I usually went over to visit them as well. So I did do that a few times. If I plan it out better, I'd like to include more recommendations or bloggers I found worth a visit. There are plenty I could and would recommend.
5. Last year I planned it out a bit more. That was helpful especially when time got tight. However, I feel less stress about it at this year’s conclusion. Is that because it wasn’t all new or because of just getting to it when and if I could? I don’t know, but I think, if possible, I’ll plan ahead a bit next year.
Thank you to all who stopped by. Thank you to the all the A to Z team for your dedication in seeing this through and encouraging all of us. I don't know how you do it, but I know it wouldn't happen if not for you. I appreciate you. And thank you again, Lee, for your brainchild. Really enjoyed visiting with each one of you.
God bless, Maria
|A to Z Challenge, 2014|